Our Death-Away-From-Home Plan
It’s a risk we all take if we like to travel: dying many miles away from home, even in another country. Our death could be the result of natural causes such as a heart attack, an accident such as a vehicle collision, or even (but much more rarely) a crime.
The true cost of dying abroad
It’s not something many of us like to think about, but maybe we should. Transporting a body back to the USA can cost between $10,000 and $20,000. And that doesn’t include the air fare. To bring down the cost of repatriating remains, many next-of-kin have their loved one cremated in the country where they died. However, bringing back ashes can still cost between $1,200 and $2,000. A lot of people believe that the Bureau of Consular Affairs will help pay for transporting the deceased’s remains back to the USA, but that is not true. So what can you do to protect yourself financially?
Protect your family with our worldwide Death-Away-From-Home Plan
Take out a Death-Away-From-Home Plan with West Coast Cremation & Burial Services and you or your family won’t have to worry about finding the money to bring you or a loved one home. We have partnered with MASA Assist to give you access to their Guaranteed Travel Assurance Plan. This plan is usually only available to its members as additional coverage, but our partnership means you can take out this plan without having to be an MASA Assist member.
What are the benefits of our Death-Away-From-Home Plan?
- You are protected if you should die more than 100 miles away from your home, whether that’s in the States or anywhere else in the world, so you can travel with peace of mind.
- You can be sure the deceased’s remains will be transported to your chosen end-of-life provider at no extra cost, so your family won’t be faced with a huge bill.
- You can ensure the deceased’s wishes are carried out because you won’t be forced to have a cremation or burial in the country when death occurred.
- Remember, some countries don’t allow cremations.
- You won’t have to deal with the foreign consular services and other customs and immigration formalities on your own because MASA Assist will take care of the bureaucracy for you.
- You won’t be confused or frustrated by another country’s laws or traditions because MASA Assist is experienced in dealing foreign authorities and will explain everything to you.
- You can rely on the speed and professionalism of the service because repatriations from overseas locations as well as within the United States are routinely handled by MASA Assist.
- Premiums are extremely affordable and the coverage is for life, so you need arrange this only once.
If you’d like to protect you and your family while you’re away from home, call us today at 866-255-WCCB and speak with one of our advisors. Coverage takes just a few minutes to arrange.